AmigaActive (1452/2143)

From:Neil Bothwick
Date:21 May 2000 at 22:10:36
Subject:Re: PICT files

Kevin Twyman said,

> Hello Neil,

>> Digital cameras generally use a JPEG format, usually EXIF.
>> "LivePicture" sounds more like a video grab.

> I hadn't thought of video grabs. My KodakDC210 outputs EXIF files, I
> didn't know if they were peculiar to Kodak or not.

EXIF is a standard JPEG format, an extension of the more usual JFIF. It
contains extra information, such as camera settings, that is ignored by
normal JFIF loaders.

Neil

Neil Bothwick - New Media Editor, Amiga Active Magazine
Connected via Wirenet - http://www.wire.net.uk
The UK's first Amiga-only internet access provider

File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)

Remember the good 'ol days